What is Earth Day?...
Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22 worldwide to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970 and is now observed in more than 193 countries each year. The day is meant to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's natural environment and to recognize the importance of taking care of our planet. It's a day to learn about environmental issues, take action, and make a difference.
5 things you should know about earth day
- Earth Day is celebrated on April 22nd each year and is an opportunity to focus on environmental protection and sustainability.
- The inaugural Earth Day was held in 1970 and since then it has become a global phenomenon with over 190 countries now participating in the day.
- Earth Day is an important reminder to think about our actions and their impact on the environment. It's a great opportunity to learn about the environment, get involved in conservation efforts, and take action to reduce our individual and collective impact on the environment.
- Earth Day is celebrated in a variety of ways, from picking up trash, planting trees, and participating in clean-up events, to taking part in educational activities, virtual events, and more.
- Earth Day is more than just one day - it's an ongoing effort to protect our planet and its resources. Every day should be Earth Day!
5 ways to celebrate it
- Plant a tree or pick up some trash in your local area.
- Start a compost bin and reduce your food waste.
- Turn off lights and electronics when not in use.
- Take a reusable bag to the grocery store and reduce plastic waste.
- Educate yourself and others about the importance of protecting the environment.
If you are looking for a unique way to celebrate Earth Day we can help!
Reach out on our online chat, email email@example.com or DM us on our socials and we can help you create a unique way to celebrate.